5 Things I’d Tell My Younger Self

uk lifestyle blogger

1) Take advantage of education – Because quite honestly, it is super cool to be clever. I wish I had taken more advantage of learning at school, listening to my teachers and concentrating more. Yes, learning by yourself is a very big achievement, but if you have the resources, why not use it. Going back to my younger self, I would make sure I did my homework, turned up to classes and just got stuck in with learning.

2) Eat more fruit and veg – I reckon that if I had eaten more fruit and veg when I was young, I would love it right now, but I didn’t and this makes me very sad. I dislike the raw taste of it and sometimes, it actually makes me gag. I am probably the most unhealthiest person ever, but I can’t change my taste buds any more and if I could rewind the clock, I would force myself to eat more of it.

3) Trust the timing of your life– Things happen for a reason and I am a strong believer of fate. The people who enter your life, the opportunities you are given, the conversations you have, always trust the timing of it. It came at that particular time for a purpose and there have been so many times that I didn’t take the chance and it’s gone. Don’t let it go, grab it while you can.

4) Quality over quantity – Be it friends, opportunities, buying things, I have learnt to spend more time thinking about the quality of things rather than having loads of it. I use to think that having loads of friends makes me the most popular person on earth, owning every single piece of the latest clothing makes me super trendy, but after a while, it just gets boring and you soon realise that you don’t need all these things.

5) Be a good person – The most important one of all and I know it’s not easy, but just be a good person. You don’t know the struggles that people go through in every day life and if you just take one moment to give someone a compliment, praise someone for what they’ve done, you will honestly make their day. Good people finish first, never last.

What would you tell your younger self?

Share:

Comments

1. 26th May 2015 / 6:53 pm

I really love & can relate to these tips Julie. being a good person is something that all younger kids should try& strive to be. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

• 27th May 2015 / 10:51 pm

Glad you liked the post hun and yes, definitely. xx

2. 26th May 2015 / 7:49 pm

I really agree with 2) – I struggle with the raw taste of fruit & veg as well and I really wish I had eaten it more often as a child and trained my palette to like it, cause it's all mind over matter! And yes, I'd definitely advise myself not to get so involved in schoolyard drama and to be friends with those who treated me as their friend, rather than those who used me! Great post, I've practically written my own in response!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

• 27th May 2015 / 11:11 pm

Haha! No worries, I love hearing you stories. xx

• 27th May 2015 / 11:16 pm

Definitely one of my fave sayings. xx

3. 26th May 2015 / 8:45 pm

All of these tips are so useful, especially trusting the timing of your life. I find that these days everything is full speed ahead in all aspects of life and often we end up rushing things we should really be taking more time to consider. We're so determined to do things as fast as possible that we end up missing out the details and just taking time to reflect!

Jodie | Joie de Jodie
    x

• 27th May 2015 / 11:25 pm

Definitely. Time to think and reflect is a must for keeping sane. xx

4. 27th May 2015 / 4:51 am

What a really lovely post. I don't believe it is ever too late to learn or for the foods you like to change, I remember some things that I really hated as a teen and now I really like!

• 27th May 2015 / 11:34 pm

Ahh, well done you, unfortunately, I still can't. :/ xx

• 27th May 2015 / 11:37 pm

Haha! Defo, glad you liked the post. xx

• 27th May 2015 / 11:38 pm

Dare always definitely! xx

5. 28th May 2015 / 12:33 pm

Great post Julie! I'd definitely tell myself to be more confident and not care what other people think! It makes me laugh now (or cry over my stupidity) how much I cared what people say in high school – now I don't even have any contact with majority of them! So silly! 😉 X

Mademoiselle-Lala.com

• 28th May 2015 / 10:04 pm

Aww, I know the feeling hun, glad you liked the post. xx

6. 28th May 2015 / 4:17 pm

I agree with education and eating veggies because I think it is very important to have education nowadays when the society has changed.

7. 29th May 2015 / 9:32 am

I'd definitely tell myself the quality over quantity one. Being popular, or having ALL the Von Dutch caps (really, let's not talk about it, shall we?) doesn't matter when you're older.

I'd also tell myself NOT to eat my way through my masters degree, because guess what? If watermelon didn't make you gain weight during your BA, all those Doritos you're eating during your MA will. Haha!

– Elodie x