I have been blogging for just over three years now and I am so, so proud of myself for sticking at it for such a long time. Blogging has been so rewarding for me, up to the point that, I wouldn’t even know what I’d do without it. It’s become such a huge part of my life, this little corner on the internet, a hobby I started has turned in to something of a brand for me and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Summing up my thoughts on blogging, there are so many reasons why I love it and in today’s post, I am sharing my top five. So here goes…..
1) Meeting new people – I have met a huge number of people throughout my blogging years and some of them have become firm friends of mine which I absolutely love. It’s great to meet people who completely understand the in’s and out’s of blogging, social media, etc and know exactly why you need to take twenty pictures of your dinner in different compositions for Instagram purposes. Obviously not everything is blog related for me to become friends with people, getting to know someone new and finding out all about them is also super rewarding and builds your connection with them.
2) Working with brands – This one is a biggie for me and especially if the brand is one that you have loved for many, many years. Recently, I started working with a particular beauty brand that I have religiously loved for ages and when I finally plucked up the courage to contact the PR, it was honestly one of the best things ever when they replied to say that they’d love to work with me. I am of course, grateful to work with many other brands also and there’s nothing better than seeing a project through from beginning to end and establishing a great working relationship with the brand.
3) Building and developing skills and being your own manager – This is probably my favourite out of the five. As a blogger, I have developed a variety of skills and only I can control how I continue to learn and embrace them. Since writing this blog, I feel that not only have my writing skills improved, I have learnt how to connect with my readers through my content, how to edit and make a photo look nice, how to promote content via social media, how to edit videos and much more. I am my own manager of a brand that I created and I love being in control of how it runs.
4) Keeps me busy – Okay, so I don’t have a boring life and as weird as it sounds, I love blogging because it keeps me busy and keeps my brain ticking at all times. I enjoy having a packed out diary and doing as many things as possible, being in this creative industry is the perfect way to constantly be on the go and I just love it!
5) Sharing knowledge and experiences – Everyone has their own and unique experience to share through blogging and this is what I love about mine. There is always something to learn from each other and be inspired by it to do better and be even more creative with what you have. I get that a small minority of the blogging world is only out for themselves and will do whatever to get there (I have experienced this before), but you know what, it’s dust off my shoulder and as long as I’m happy with what I’ve got, then that’s all that matters.
Are you a blogger yourself? If yes, tell me why you love it.